Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm not crazy

I have learned alot about grieving over the last 6 weeks. And I know that I still have a long way to go.

But, as time passes, I am relieved to know that I am pretty normal in my thoughts and feelings. There are times during grieving that one may think that they are completely crazy. And I have felt that off and on.
(yes, I realize that I was crazy before Thayer's death ;p...) but seriously...

I was reassured of my "normal" status tonight when my friend J came to visit. As you may remember from my sept 8th post, J's fiance died just three days after Thayer.
As J and I talked, we came to the conclusion that we both have been having "interesting" thoughts about ourselves and our situations. It was a relief to know that she and I were thinking similarly.... That we are connected through our grief and that we really aren't crazy.
I am thankful that God has placed J in my life, from childhood. Even though our situations are really crappy, I am thankful that we can work through it together. And I am confident that God has a plan for us both!

No comments: