Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day

I am in awe of what I experienced today.
I experienced a kind of love and encouragement that portrayed, at it's finest, the Body of Christ.

This morning, family arrived, a friend and his landscaping crew arrived, my wonderful friends from C-ville arrived, and two neighbors arrived and went to work on several projects that needed to be done around the house and yard.
By lunchtime, the wives and kids had arrived from C-ville... meaning the place was buzzing with activity.
I absolutely LOVE surrounding myself with these folks. I couldn't ask for a better "community" of friends.

Words cannot express how much I appreciate all of the projects that were completed. I am humbled, appreciative, in awe, and SO grateful for everything. I am just overwhelmed with it all!

But more so than the projects, I was so happy to see smiling faces and friends together for the day. Friends that we so willing to go "above and beyond" !
I sure wish that Thayer was here to see it all. He would have been encouraged to see so many people tackling the projects that had been left undone.

The most painful memory of the day: I sure wish that I had the video camera rolling...
Several of the guys worked on completing the zip-line that Thayer had started out back. During the process they managed to rack up a list of injuries. I think the list included of a hurt knee, a hurt foot, several scrapes, probably many bruises, and most likely a mild concussion.
They took some pretty hard falls and jolts while trying to make things safe for the kids. I am forever indebted to the men, who sacrificed their ability to get out of bed tomorrow, all for the sake of the children :-)
I love you guys!!

I continually thank God for all of the people he has placed in my life! You are all such a blessing to me!! thank YOU!

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh Jill,
I'm in awe of the day you had yesterday.
I'd love to call or email you this week.
I'm not sure I have the most updated email though. . .

Shoot me an email if you can.

cmsandrof@gmail.com

We miss you,
Love,
cherie and the boys

Adrienne said...

Oh! How exciting! I saw pics on Casey's Facebook page and my heart just swelled at the love you were given!

Congrats! And the zip-line looks incredibly FUN!!!!