yes, TV at it's best :-)
At 8:55 I ran around the house looking for remote batteries. (the kids always loose them?!)
I decided I'd have to live without the batteries and settled in with a blanket on the couch.
I laughed outloud as I watched the long awaited premiere. (I loved the fruit in the vending machine!!)
Anywho.... Thayer ALWAYS muted the commericials... and I had gotten used to it. Since I didn't have a working remote and I didn't want to get off the couch, I was tortured having to listen to the commercials!! Thinking that Thayer would have gone nuts. (I've realized that he was right about how annoying commercials can be!)
I was fine for the first few minutes until I looked up and saw our wedding picture on the mantel. A kissing picture. From that point on, I cried during every commercial...
Thayer's absence was screamingly present tonight.
The Office was "our" show. The one show that we always watched together. (and really the only show we ever watched.)
As the show concluded and 'Jim' proposed to 'Pam', I squealed with excitement and then cried as I remembered the moment that Thayer proposed to me.
We were supposed to grow old together.
What does God have planned for me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Man, that post caught me way off guard. #1 I don't watch the office so I felt like I was reading just to read and #2 then just like that, snake chapped and bitten by the reality of what every little thing in your life now means and how it is so very different from before. Who would have thought that commercials would be something that was "yours and Thayers"? I am thankful that you are allowing yourself to grieve in different ways and sharing those ways with us.
Post a Comment