well. The locked doors and no phone held me over till about noon. It was SO nice to sleep late and hang out around the house.
But by late morning, the kids and I got the idea to go to the movies. Which was a GREAT idea since I think every weekend will be booked from now till the end of October.
We went with my bro-in-law and neice to see "The Clone Wars" but after we purchased tickets and food, the power went out.
We got our money back and headed to the dollar movies.
We needed to waste some time until another movie started so we went to Hardees for snacks. Then we saw "Kung Fu Panda" which was great! I really enjoyed a light hearted cartoon after dealing with so much funk.
I did notice the empty seat next to me and thought about how Thayer and I used to hold hands at the movies.
I really miss his hands.
Overall, we had a nice relaxing day. Just time to hang out and not be stressed about details.
It's hard to believe that it's been three weeks since Thayer's death. Still feels like yesterday and still feels like months. Time has been such a blur.
I can remember the sleepless night of three weeks ago and I am SO thankful that God has been giving me restful sleep. I pray that it continues.
night-night:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had no idea you were blogging again, oh God this is hard to read, but yet, good too. I'm praying for you girl! And you know I still think about the normalcy of my life and those are the times I pray for you. I really believe that it's God telling me, hey things maybe normal for you...but that's not the case for Jill. Oh my dear friend, gosh I'm so sorry. I know that doesn't fix it. But if you ever need anything please call...even if it's dinner and a movie, or drinks, or mindless shopping. PLEASE CALL :) hugs. I think it's really wise you are writing all this down. And very real, and that's what life is about.
Post a Comment