As many of you know, our bedtime routines have been whacked since Thayer's death.
Both boys had been used to having family devotions, reading, praying with each parent individually... and utimately... Thayer laid, prayed, and talked to each of them, each night.
So obviously, we've been struggling with re-establishing a routine.
I know that several of our friends have been praying for our evenings....and I praise God for everything he has been doing to sustain us each day!!
I have seen improvement over the last two nights.
They have both been asleep by 9:30. (which sounds late but it's WAY better than the last few weeks!!)
Tonight I was able to talk to each of them about something they remembered about their dad. L said that "He liked to play baseball with us." And daniel said "He was a good mechanic."
I also went on to ask them what they remembered about the day that Daddy died. They were pretty clueless about the morning events but seemed to remember the events immediately prior to the trooper visit.
I enjoyed reminding them about our morning at the market, etc. etc. They were surprised that it all happened on the same day :-) (me too.)
I was very relieved that both boys were open and willing to talk tonight. I hope it is a hint of what's to come. I am praying that both boys will be able to talk freely about their thoughts and concerns.
I think we are on the right track. :-)
please continue to pray...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
God is so faithful and I am so thankful! It brought a smile to my face to see that the boys are opening up and remembering. I am thankful that you were able to enjoy that time with your boys despite how hard it is. You are a wonderful mommmy & I'm proud of you. What a great way to close their day. I'm so thankful for you and that you are my friend.
continuing to pray,
Your boys have the best mommy ever.
We love you!
God will provide all that you need and will give you the strength and the wisdom to create new bedtime routines that will work for you and both boys. Continue to pray and continue to be faithful. You are an inspiration to many. Love ya!
definitely praying :) hugs to you and your boys :)
Post a Comment