anywho... she asked about how Thayer and I met.
For those of you who don't know... here's the story as it is written in our first scrapbook...
The Story of Us
Thayer and I met during the fall of 1997, while working at Old Virginia Candle Company in Lynchburg. I was working in the office and Thayer was hired to work in the factory with approximately 30 women. Before Thayer ever showed up for work, or anyone had seen him, I jokingly said that he "was mine". We finally crossed paths. I introduced myself as the "self appointed welcoming committee" and handed him a lollipop. (This gesture seemed to impress him).
Shortly after several brief chats at the time clock, Thayer agreed to go ice skating with me, Jamie and Cathy! We traveled to Roanoke in Jamie's jeep. Thayer survived an evening with the girls, including our traditional singing with a brush (as a mircrophone).
The next day was Thanksgiving. Thayer's Grandparents were out of town so I asked Thayer to join our family for Thanksgiving. Thayer braved Thanksgiving at Froggie's house with the Gowells and Rosenbergers. After the exposure to my friends and family... he was still interested in me! Thayer and I went out riding the next day. We drove on the parkway and enjoyed some hiking. He also taught me how to drive a 5-speed truck.
I was already hooked onto his friendly personality, his charm, his patience, etc. etc.
I was starting to see a future with this lovely man...

2 comments:
I'm SO glad you shared this again! I had forgotten the beautiful start to this lovely relationship!
How sweet...I never knew that. :-) Sounds like good times.
Post a Comment