Saturday, September 27, 2008

6 weeks

I just received the audio of Thayer's memorial service, from Thad, in the mail today. It seemed fitting that I listen to it tonight... on the 6 week anniversary of Thayer's death.

Imagine me sitting at my kitchen table.... really hearing the service this time.
Hearing the wonderful lyrics from "my friend" Andrew ;), hearing the amazingly encouraging message from Mark, hearing the wonderful personal stories about Thayer.
I initially had lots of tears... the kind that are accompanied by a dripping nose. Yep, that kind of cry, but it felt good to get it out.

But to my surprise... imagine me at the kitchen table, just moments later... having a sweet, sweet time of worship with my God as I sang along with the songs from the service! Truly a blessed time.
I am amazed at how God is reaching through this funk and continually showing Himself to me. Helping me see Him through it all. When everything else seems unknown to me, I rest in the fact of knowing Him.
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness O Lord..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,

Can you believe that those same words "the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end...." constantly ran through my mind on my trips to Scotland. Those words comforted me too!
See you in the morning
E

Kelli said...

what a great blessing that the Lord brought you to a time of worship in great distress...I'm praying for you my friend!

Anonymous said...

Your worship of God was evident during Thayer's service and a source of blessing to many. I was assured that you were truly resting in God's hands in the midst of a terrible moment.