I think I am officially tired and ready for bed... before 12:30am... that is probably a good thing.
I worked this AM, had lunch with my sisters, endured a tele-meeting with the life insurance company, and headed to Kids Haven tonight.
(I just realized that I have not blogged about my good friend J whose fiance commited suicide just three days after Thayer was killed. That could be a whole 'nother post but for the sake of her privacy, I choose not to post much more about her experience...
except for the fact that she and her daughter went to Kid's Haven with us...
and except for the fact that we are convinced that God put us in the same situation, at the same time, for a reason. It's just amazing that we are facing such great losses, together.)
anywho-
Kids Haven was an interesting experience.
I think it is such a cool program because it is funded by community people. This evening we enjoyed a great meal that was provided by the Kiwanis Club. SOOOO nice to have another meal that I didn't have to cook! :-)
I was also encouraged to see how many "facilitators" were there... as strictly a volunteer thing. What a neat group of people.
When we broke into age groups, D and L were in different groups and J and I went with the adults.
Afterward, the kids seemed happy and we were "okay" with the adult group. There were weird moments of silence (which I'm not used to, obviously). But overall, it seems like a nice group of folks. I'll be curious to see how the dynamics are after I get used to them :-)
Surprisingly, there were not too many children there. It made me wonder if we were really this alone in our circumstances or perhaps other people just don't use that organization. Still enough people but not nearly as many as I had thought. Just the right size to get to know people. So that is promising.
Monday, September 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment