Friday, October 03, 2008

wedding

I'm looking forward to Cathy and Cory's wedding tomorrow!!
Even as you read the rest of this post... please know that I am SO happy for C and C... and I am honored to be a part of their wedding celebration!!! I wish them the BEST!!

Tonight I watched our wedding video from April 10, 1999.

You can imagine how that went.
Thayer was way skinny and tiny... very unlike my recent Thayer. :-) I was smaller too, of course :p

All of the well wishes from family and friends included statements like, " wishing you many years of happiness".... "wishing you a long and happy marriage", "I am praying that you will have as many years together as me and my wife", "the good moments will far outweigh the bad moments", "wishing you health, happiness and a long life together", etc. etc.
I mentioned that I wanted us to "grow old together".
Thayer even said something like "we have many years, a happy life."

yeah, right. I guess we all missed the memo.
Thayer and I were married for only 9 years.

And as Thayer often told our boys... "Life's not fair".
Boy, was he right! I miss him.

only 9 years...

(but I must state that my dream as a child was to get married and have kids. I am so thankful for the few years that Thayer and I were able to share. He made my childhood dreams come true. And I have beautiful children thanks to him.
I just would have never guessed that the "married" part would be so short.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill -

I am so PROUD of you for watching your wedding video. I can not imagine how sad it was to see Thayer and hear his voice. I hope that the video also brought you special memories of your times with Thayer! Your wedding day was beautiful! At Thayer's memorial service, I remember several speakers making reference to Thayer's little smile. Well... I remember the BIG SMILES on both of your faces on your wedding day!!

9 years is way too short!! I do know that in those 9 years, you and Thayer shared TRUE LOVE and the best gifts in life... faith, family (D and L), friendship and fun. You were each other's best friends!! Some people spend years and years together and never find that TRUE HAPPINESS. I said a special prayer for you today.

I hope you enjoyed your "girl time" this weekend!

Love ya- SMc