Tuesday, October 14, 2008

full moon

I just looked out the window and had vivid memories of the night that Thayer died. The trees are illuminated like daytime and the glow of the moon lights up even the darkest areas of our backyard.
I had a memory replay of the long night that I spent awake after hearing of Thayer's death.

And then I realized that tonight is a full moon!
I looked on the calendar and realized that August 16th was a full moon as well!

(And I had simply thought that God had illuminated the pair of trees in my neighbor's yard as a symbol of Thayer and myself. hehe. Who would have thought it was just the moon doing it's normal thing) ;)

The continuance of the moon is a reminder that time keeps on ticking... whether I'm aware of it or not. I am thankful for these gentle reminders.

Tonight also marks 8 weeks since my friend J's fiance died.
Please keep J in your prayers as she is dealing with her loss and she is also facing many decisions involving her mother, who is currently in the hospital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill -

I took C outside last night to see the beautiful moon and we said our goodnight prayers on the porch! He loves the moon.

You have such a special way of reminding all of us to enjoy all that God gives us!!

I hope you have a peaceful day.

Love Ya - SMc