Sunday, October 19, 2008

cry/talk

Tonight, I sat and listened to L "cry/talk" himself to sleep. He wanted to be alone tonight which is understandable. (I do my best crying when I am alone too).
As a mother, hearing my son cry... there are just no words.
I sat in my room and prayed for him.

After hearing him tonight, I have come to a new understanding of, what I have termed, "cry/talk".
This is new for our family.... but another blogger calls it "blubbering".
That's really what it is:-)

I have realized that I seem to cry "better" if I say outloud what I am feeling. I only do this when I am alone and need a good cry. Just talking to God... telling him to send messages to Thayer... praying that Thayer can hear me for a few minutes... replaying what should have been... just saying what's on my mind, etc. etc.
The possibilities of cry/talk seem to be endless. That's why it usually ends with falling asleep.

I am writing so casually about this behavior because I find it interesting that humans are pretty much geared the same. L was never taught to blubber and I usually don't blubber but we both have started with this since Thayer's death. It seems to be a good coping mechanism for both of us.
I am so thankful that God has created us to be thinking, feeling, individuals.
And I'm really thankful that He listens to our "cry/talk".

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yep, here too. We cry/talk. Tyler does it when he thinks his life isn't fair. I used to do it too when Dad passed. Until T started doing it, I thought I was the only one who did this. Then I wondered how he discovered how to do it. I just thought I was weird cause I did it. It helped to get it all out and not in my head and heart, and yes, usually I would end up asleep and sleep so nicely too! T on the other hand just gets it out, and then comes out of his room and pretends like nothing happened. I guess it's a kind of therapy! To me at least.

BTW, Thank you for your prayers. I actually showed Lucas the pic of my Mom and Dad on my wall and asked who the people in the pic were. "Nana, and Papaw." he said. I made my heart swell hearing him call my Dad Papaw. I then told him to wish Papaw Frank a Happy Birthday and he did. It was so sweet. I think Dad would have a huge grin on his face! :) Crazy how the smallest things kids do can help calm the heart. :)
Thank you again! And know, I haven't stopped praying for you guys.

Squeezes to you and your boys!

Kelli said...

I not only cry/talk...but looking in the mirror helps me too...humans need to talk about this stuff...we'll realize we have more in common then people think!

yup, so looking in the mirror makes me cry harder, and get it out. plus it feels like I'm not alone, something I don't necessarily like, I don't want someone there persay, telling me "everythings going to be fine", I just want to feel as if I'm not alone, and looking at my self in the mirror helps.

I know tmi right? LOL

Regina said...

and i'm so thankful that l felt like he could blubber alone. sweet boys.