We were given a lovely rotisserie chicken for dinner this evening. It was great!
I figured that I would just cut the meat off of the bones to save as leftovers.
It occured to me that Thayer always handled the dead animals. He was good at saving every edible piece.
I attempted to start the butchering and pretty much mutilated the bird.
I could hear Thayer... in my mind's ear... say "you're not getting all of the meat.... that part is good... save this" etc. etc.
Before I knew it, I yelled...
"If YOU were here, YOU could do it!!!"
Boy, that instantly felt weird. Imagine me at the kitchen counter screaming... with nothing but a chicken as a witness. Pretty humorous.
I have "talked" to Thayer several times since his death but this was actually funny. It was unplanned and unprovoked... well pretty much unprovoked... (except for what my mind was saying)
My mind can be a dangerous place.
:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I think yelling at a chicken is a good thing. :P
Yelling at a chicken is hilarious and quite freeing I'm sure. Next you should try yelling at shoes that are left in the middle of the foyer, dirty clothes that never make it to the laundry room, and recycling that is always your job to get, well, recycled. That's what gets yelled at at my house. Maybe I should invest in a chicken...
I thought of you when I read this, so I thought I'd share....
http://stacysbigpicture.typepad.com/altogether_too_happy/2008/10/the-weekend-r-1.html
Stacy is where I get all my scrapbook inspiration :)
I can just picture you doing that!! I hope you did not scare the chicken!! =)
Cathy
Sounds like that chicken deserved it. :) Jill, I stumbled upon your blog from Jamie's, I believe. I'm so sorry for the loss that you and your boys have experienced. I thank you for letting us into your daily life to see how you are doing. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Heather (Woody) from HHS
Post a Comment