It has been 8 weeks since Thayer's death.
This Saturday has not been a typical Saturday. I think it has been my first completely relaxing Saturday since our new life began.
I am thankful that D had a successful party last night.
After the party goers headed home, we enjoyed a quiet morning... Just the three of us. This has been a rarity lately... so I am thankful for our day together.
We headed to a church fall festival this afternoon and I recalled some sweet memories of the same festival last year.... when Thayer was with us.
Every Saturday, I tend to think of our times with Thayer. I try to think of what activities we would be doing as a family on any given weekend. So many weekends I would, and still do, have activities booked WAY in advance. Thayer used to be irritated that we were never "free" on the weekends.
Whenever a free Saturday appeared, I would get ready in the AM and see what Thayer would suggest for us to do as a family. Some weekends, he'd come up with a great idea and we'd head out together.... (like our last saturday together, when we visited the market). That was a rare "free" day and I am SO glad that Thayer engaged in a family day.
He could have easily said that he needed to do fix-it work, or go riding all day, or make 8 trips to Lowes, etc.
But God knew that it was an important day. I am so thankful that we spent it together as a family.
Having said that, I am beginning to really enjoy those "free" moments with my boys. True... those of you who have spent any time with me lately know that my boys are driving me nuts. But I also realize that when it's just the three of us, things are pretty nice. Perhaps I DO need to tame down on our schedule a bit. We'll see how that goes.
All in all, I am trying to grasp onto the happy moments that we can share. Knowing that it can all change in an instant.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jill, I'm sorry I haven't been reading regularly lately. Life is crazy here and seems to get crazier.
But I do want you to know, I think of you often and pray for you all the time.
I am glad you got some alone time with the boys. Yes, they drive you nuts(or me)but it's really nice to have quiet alone times with them too.
Enjoy those those moments!
Squeezes to you all!
Jill,
I'm really glad you're blogging so regularly (unlike me)...it seems to help you clarify your thoughts and feelings, and it really speaks to a lot of us about what's really important in life. It's a perspective we may not be able to relate to in the same way you see it, but we need to hear the messages that are coming to you through your grief and life. Thank you so much for being so faithful to share what you are going through.
Lots of love from Illinois,
Kit
Post a Comment