I had time to scrapbook tonight at Bethany's event. I enjoy going once a month to catch up on our recent pics and have some girl time.
Tonight was different.
First of all, I finished a family album. The last pictures of our family... with Thayer. I held myself together pretty well since there was other conversation around to distract me. I saved my tears for home.
How ODD to complete a book that represents the end of a chapter of our lives. The last tangible pictures of our time together with Thayer.
I could let myself wallow in this sorrow for a while. It pretty much sucks.
Secondly, I started sorting through our Arizona/Colorado pictures from our trip in June. I am planning to do a digital album... having it bound and delivered to me. I know that the finished product will be lovely but I am such a dork on the computer. I hope that I am able to get it finished without too many headaches. I have a gazillion pictures to sort through and I will need to pick out the ones that I will include in the album.
Decisions, decisions!!
I am thankful that Bethany has agreed to help me with the computer aspect.
Thayer would be shocked that I am working with pictures on the computer.... I had sworn off any computer involvement.
Now look at me!! I'm a blogging fool, a facebook regular, and I'm doing stuff with digital pictures. yikes!
After I get a handle on the trip pictures, I want to start a "memory" type album of things surrounding Thayer's death. Including the obituary, articles, emails, pictures from the service, letters, etc. etc. I have so much stuff laying around and I want to organize it in a nice way... so that the boys can look back on it some day.
I also will need to start a new album for recent pictures of the boys. A "new family" album.
Gee.... I'm putting alot on my plate. I hope I can do a little at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh yay! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure Thayer would be too.
Bethany will tell you, that I've been sold completely to digital. SO much easier(for me). I think Nay is pretty proud of me too. I have actually become a digital scrapbooking dork! Bethany also sold me in becoming a "Consultant". I haven't had any parties yet, but I'm getting word out. But I do want to tell you, that if I can do it, ANYONE can do it!!! Seriously. Just as Bethany, she'll tell you! I'm quite addicted!!! When I get into it on days, I end up not stopping! Well, I do stop to help the kids of course, but all I have to do is save and come back to it! Yep, dork! :) I think you will have TONS of fun with it! One day I even hope to get my boys into it so they can do their own books.
Good luck and keep us posted! I'm REALLY excited for you!!! You can't see the HUGE smile on my face but it's there.
oooh I love digital books that get sent in the mail! Yes me, Kelli, scrapbook freak who really likes actually touching the photos and paper, also adores little books you can create and order on-line! SO FUN :) I think making an album about T is a great idea! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how theraputic it will be :) hugs girl! oh and if you ever want a friend to scrapbook with, you are more then welcome here any time :)
Post a Comment