Friday, October 10, 2008

a successful party.... maybe

I am sitting in my basement waiting for 5 kids to get to sleep.
Make that four... L just left to go to his bedroom.

We are celebrating D's birthday tonight. The kids came over after 5pm. We had pizza for dinner, D opened gifts, we played with the gifts, We ate cake and icecream, they played with gifts again, we started a camp fire, we roasted marshmallows, kids cooked hotdogs, the kids played 'hide and seek' and tag in the dark, we played "Pin the mask on Spiderman", they watched part of "Chicken Little", and played 'hide and seek' indoors.

Currently the four that our left in the basement with me are camped out in a tent. Up till now, the night has been a gem.
The settling down part is starting to wear me down. D is SO obnoxious about things and they are just LOUD. I am confident that they will fall asleep soon. Either that or I will have to separate them all and threaten their lives.
I hope that they choose to sleep ;P

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I'm going to tell you, you and I are brave women and need medals for doing this! I did the sleep over with 6 boys. It wasn't fun. We had many spats and I don't think the boys fell asleep until 2 am. Lucas slept with me, but I wasn't getting up for him, but to settle the older boys. Let's just say, it won't happen again for a while. I have to get my nerves back!

And yeah, I did threaten A life. The kid was arguing with EVERYONE!!! I told him if he didn't go to bed soon, he was walking home in the dark alone(he lives in the apartment building behind us).

Let's just say, I'm surprised HE made it through the night without getting sent home.