I've been meaning to thank my "normal" yard fairies in print for some time. Since Thayer's death, my parents have been doing the bulk of my yard work... well... all of my yard work. I've had good intentions but my time has been so short lately. Usually by the time I get around to thinking about the yard, my parents have already showed up and taken care of it. Many thanks are due to my Dad for driving his mower almost a mile just to work in my yard!
I came home yesterday and thought to myself... wow! The yard looks great! Did Dad take time off of work to come and rake leaves?!
But something seemed "different" yesterday. And the neighbor kids confirmed that it wasn't my Dad.
It turns out that an actual, real live, yard fairy showed up with his equipment and took care of the yard yesterday! What a blessing!!
So to my anonymous yard fairy (I think I know who you are...)
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
You have blessed us in many ways...
You have not only helped ME but you also gave my poor parents a MUCH needed break!! :-)
We really appreciate your servant's heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Dear Jill,
I have such a heavy heart to contact you. My story is so similar to yours. A friend of mine keeps up with your blog and thought that it would be helpful for me read your story. And it has been, as I am walking a path very close to yours. God is good and he is sovereign. He has your Thayer in the palm of his hand and He is working All things for your good. Praying for you.
Ooooh. I am so interested to find out who your yard fairy is. When you find out, do tell. I am so thankful that there are so many people in your life and that so many peopel care about you. You are definitely one of my favorites! How about breakfast for dinner one night soon?
Oh how nice!!! I LOVE to hear stories like this! It makes my heart swell!
Goodness! I want to cry! How great!
Congrats on your Yard Fairy!!!
Post a Comment