I am wondering when I will start to refer to "months" rather than weeks. But for now... it has been 13 weeks since Thayer's death.
As I used a shop-vac in my basement this morning ... I briefly thought... this is what Thayer is supposed to be doing. But now it's my job and I am okay with it.
I have found that I can do alot more than I thought.
For instance...just about every light bulb in this crazy house has blown out since Thayer's death and I have been AWESOME at changing those things! I always knew I could be good at something around here. haha.
I stood at my front door this afternoon and watched the rain fall. I looked out at the rocks that Thayer had lovingly shoveled around our front trees... just 13 weeks ago. (I am still so thankful for our last day together).
I looked out at the stone that I retrieved from the accident sight. I have placed it right next to our front porch as a gentle reminder to me as I come and go. Thayer was the cornerstone of our family and I am praying that what he started with the boys, and me, will continue and be expanded upon.
I have been extremely encouraged this week as I have been catching glimpses of how God is speaking to people through our circumstances. Several emails and phone calls have made me realize that God IS working!
Thank you God for what you are doing in the hearts of your people.... especially ME!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I bet you are a great light bulb changer. You are awesome at many things and capable of anything. Thanks for sharing your faith!
Post a Comment