Sunday, November 16, 2008

a great week

As we head into Monday, I look back on the past week and smile.

I had no idea that "happiness" could reenter my life so quickly. I'd say the majority of my moments this week were happy! Thank you God!
yes, I had my brief moments of wimpering- but overall, things were good.
And I am also aware that "sadness" is always just a thought away. When I least expect it.
Today, while driving, I teared-up because there was a pretty sky-but no hand to hold, or leg to touch, in the seat next to me.
I continue to feel the emptiness of where he is physically supposed to be.

on the happier note:
I am so thankful for all of the the tidbits of encouragement that God is raining down on me. He continues to pour his blessings over me and the boys.
I have enjoyed several conversations this weekend. Some with my boys, some with family, and some with friends.
I continue to be thankful for our support system. It would be SO different if I didn't have the extra help.
Thanks, Casey, for moving that fridge!!
And thanks to the rest of you who help keep me sane... the list is long!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I'm so happy you had a good wk. I'm sorry about those sad, empty moments. They won't go completely away, but eventually you will start to say, "He is watching and knows, and smiling." That's what happened with my Dad. It hurt when I graduated, got married, and had Noah, but when Tyler and Lucas came along, I began to understand that Dad still KNOWS the kids and he is smiling down on them. He would be proud! Nathan helped me get through that hard time. Having someone to help is a blessing.

Take care! Also, it is amazing how an $8 Car Wash can make kids so happy! My boys go wild when we go through the car wash, but we don't get the $8 special. I'm cheap! :)