Tuesday, November 04, 2008

relief

Ahhh... what a breathe of fresh air I've had....
It was super nice spending time with our lovely friends last night and today. I enjoyed being away from home, chatting with my friend, and just "being".

I think the part of the trip that I am most thankful for was this morning. I heard the kids up early but I just kept sleeping.
I heard them ask for breakfast but I just kept sleeping.
I slept until I could sleep no more... which ended up being 8:30am (come on!!... you think I could do better than that!!)
I think it was an awesome morning because we didn't have anywhere to go AND I wasn't the only responsible adult around who needed to feel obligated to feed the children.
This chance to sleep in, with no responsibilities, was the first opportunity that I've had since Thayer died.
It was such a relief to be able to RELAX!!!
Thanks Reg.... you are a blessing!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

that sounds lovely :)