I appreciate the comments and ideas that some of you have suggested regarding Thayer's clothes. (from the previous post)
I think I am loving the idea of a quilt. Two, in fact... one for each boy.
What a neat idea.
I think quilts would be a good use for some of his clothes. I know that while I sorted his clothes many of the items triggered memories for me. Since I have such a fear of forgetting the little things... the quilts might would be a good way to keep Thayer fresh in our minds.
(I can also relate to John's feelings about not wanting to "over memorialize" things.
I'm confident that I've been practical as I think about the "things" of this temporal time on earth.)
Shortly after Thayer's death, I passed a few t-shirts to D to use as pjs.
A few weeks later, I realized that my own PJs had holes in them and that I could benefit from some of Thayer's t-shirts too. Not so much of a sentimental thing... just a practical response to a need.
I basically don't want his things to get wasted or stored away. I want to be able to pass many of his clothes along to someone who can use them.
But now... with great ideas planted in my head... I need to find someone who can quilt...
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The quilts are a VERY good idea! Maybe I need to make one from my Dad's things. My Mom still has his dresser in her spare bedroom. I've often wanted to go over and take a few of his things. I know it sounds strange, but just walking past his dresser when we are visiting, I can still SMELL him. But I think that is mostly because my Mom has NEVER washed his dresser clothes. I'll have to ask my mom if I can have some! :) Good Christmas presents!!!
you sould call my mom, she can teach you how to quilt!
Cathy
Hey I just remembered that one time I was at Heritage United Methodist Church and they had a bunch of different quilts they has made for sick people and memory quilts. You might want to ask someone who goes to HUMC to hook you up with those people. I think it is a ministry they have.
Sherry
Post a Comment