I have been listening to Andrew Peterson's Resurrection Letters CD... like a crazy person. I have chosen Andrew- over Christmas music- for days now.
In the song "All You'll Ever Need", AP refers to the story of the widow's oil from 2 Kings 4:1-7. (read it!)
Andrew sings:
The blood of Jesus, it is like the widow’s oil: it’s enough to pay the price to set you free. It can fill up every jar and every heart that ever beat. When it’s all you have it’s all you’ll ever need.
When I first heard this song, I couldn't get past the word "widow".... that was such an ugly word... that was me.
But I am learning more and more about how I can claim the story of the widow's oil for myself.
Yes, I'm officially a widow and my world has been tossed about....
But I've got all that I need!!
Jesus IS that oil that fills up my heart and sets me free!
When I keep focused on Him- I am free from doubt, free from worry, free from fear, free from loneliness, free from sadness.... just plain ol' free.
I must admit that I've been a mess of emotions for several weeks. I've been elated, confused, sad, angry, etc. etc.
But in the midst of all of these emotions, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I've got all that I need. I know that God is in complete control of my circumstances and that I have nothing to fear.
I am counting on my jar of Oil to sustain me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your faith continue to inspire me. I love you and am proud of you. You and the boys are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment