Sunday, December 07, 2008

months

Well, it has happened.
I totally forgot to blog on week 15 and week 16 following Thayer's death.
I had wondered when I would lose track.
I was sure that every Saturday would bring me great sadness in remembering.
But I guess I have reached the point where the hurt has lessened.
In fact, I didn't even think about the accident yesterday... at all. It was just a normal old Saturday... a great day.
I'm wondering if I should be relieved that things are getting easier... or should I worry that I'm recovering too quickly?
I know that God mends hearts at different times and there is no "correct" time for one person to grieve. I'm praying that my heart will get mended sooner than later. There's alot of life left to live and I want to be able to enjoy it.

So as I am approaching the 4 month anniversary of my husband's death, I am given hope that things will get better.

still clinging...
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

My heart is smiling for you. Though I know you still grieve as do I for my Dad, but it's a comfort to know that God has a plan for you. It took me a LONG time to get over my bitterness, and grief. A lot of time wasted to be honest. Though I still grieve for my Dad, I'm no longer bitter to the fact that he is no longer here and he couldn't see me graduate, walk me down the isle, or even meet his Grandchildren. I know and understand he sees them, and will we will one day meet face to face again, and I can see his smile.
You are such a strong person, and I'm so proud to know you.

Stay strong and know that every day I continue to pray for you. God does have a special plan for you, and your wonderful boys! :)