Friday, December 26, 2008

a list!!

I have made a small step today in regaining my sense of organization.
I have made a grocery list.

Before Thayer died, I would sit down each week and make a list of meals... and make a rockin' grocery list. I would then proceed to make one trip to the store and prepare the meals that I had planned throughout the week.

Honestly, I haven't cooked a meal since Thayer's death. (well...I have prepared Binner quite a few times)
Today.... D and I sat and came up with three meals that we could cook, and eat, this week. For us, this was a huge accomplishment!
Granted, we only came up with Taco Soup, bbq chicken sandwiches and hamburgers. But hey... it's a start!!
And we can't forget that Pizza will inevitably be a meal this week.
So I am proud to say that we have meals for 4 days this week. yay!!

If you have any ideas for healthy kid friendly meals... please send them my way!!

3 comments:

Regina said...

have you had the wonderful chicken pockets at our house? i'll be surprised if you haven't but they're easy and the boys love 'em...we all do. but i get extra hugs in the kitchen when i make them.
i'll get you the recipe.
what's up later on in the week? w, th, or f? just checkin :)

Skamamama said...

oops...to answer your question i forgot to log in. let's see if this works.

Shipley Mommy said...

I meant to comment on this a while back, but your boys may enjoy this simple meal. It's like a homemade hot ham and cheese, and it is very simple. Our family loves it too. There are some other ideas on Kraft.com.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/ham-cheddar-in-a-65544.aspx