It's been a great start to my Christmas vacation.
on Saturday, I met an email friend for the first time and the boys and I went to our 'life group' Christmas party. We played Dirty Santa and I am now the proud owner of a bag of donuts. (Well, actually, my sister is now the owner...)
I headed to C-ville yesterday to have dinner with my favorite people. I spent the night with more favorite folks and enjoyed brunch this morning with my favorite gals.
My great friend, BWM, presented me with a scrapbook of lovely thoughts and stories written by Thayer's C-ville friends. What an amazing Christmas gift. I wept as I read through it last night. I loved reading about how others will remember Thayer.
nice stuff :-)
I absolutely LOVE road trips!!!
Going and coming from C-ville, I enjoyed singing and listening to all of my favorites from Andrew, Brandon, Francesca and Shawn.
A lovely drive.
I enjoy talking with God during my trips. He spoke to me by showing me a bumper sticker that read:
Don't believe everything you think.
so true.
I have been very doubtful about things lately and it's quite possible that Satan is deceiving me with crazy thoughts.
God reminded me that He is in control and that I just need to chill out.
He's been so good at reminding me in such gentle ways :-)
I'm looking forward to visiting with family and friends over the next two weeks!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
cmon to our house! i hate being on the road but LOVE having people over!
i'm glad things your break has gotten off to a good start. i woke up this morning with you on my mind so i've spent some time in prayer over you and the boys. i'm glad you have continued to sense and realize God's presence. i prayed for God to really bless you with joy this season.
what a treasure of a gift from your cville friends! i love that!
love you friend!
rs
Post a Comment