Saturday, December 06, 2008

the AP concert

I'm floating tonight.
The concert was amazing... and I'm continuing the worship here at home.

It's hard to sing and type at the same time, so please overlook any errors tonight. ;)

I've been looking forward to Andrew Peterson's show in Richmond for months!
My lovely bro-in-law called this afternoon to inform me that the concert was SOLD OUT.
And we didn't have tickets yet. (yep... poor planning and poor communication)
oops.
I was okay with the initial disappointment... because God has already taught me alot about changes in plans...

But I was also willing to do just about anything to get into that show.
My sister, my bro-in-law and I decided to make the 2 hour trek and try our luck at getting in.
I was ready to beg, plead, sneak in a back door, or whatever it took to see my man in concert.
I felt like some kid trying to get into a rock concert. I felt young and adventurous. :-)
Fortunately... we arrived early enough to snag extra tickets and we were in the door and ready for the show to begin. My friend from work was there too, and she saved us front row seats. nice.

I was pleasantly surprised when Andrew opened up by dedicating the song "More"..... to ME!!!
How very kind. Gotta love that guy!

I loved the show.... Andrew was joined by an amazing group of musicians. It was great to hear them individually and their combined talents produced a beatiful and powerful presentation.
Of course Andrew and his songs were my favorite :-)

We didnt stick around after the show but I sure would have liked to have given Andy a squeeze.
maybe next time ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill-

So sorry I missed the concert. I am glad you all had a wonderful time. How special that he made the dedication to you! YOU are a special person. Have a peaceful day! Hope to talk to you soon!

Love ya - SMc

Skamamama said...

i'm so excited that it worked out! i can't wait to talk to you and hear the details!
have a relaxing saturday
love, regina

Brite said...

Dear Jill, Dave and I were also at the concert last night. I sat there wishing that you had been there to hear Andrew's dedication to you. I actually went looking for your blog so I could tell you. It was so nice that he didn't feel the need to delve into your story and explain. That quiet support is a precious gift. I am so grateful for his music because it draws me to really look at my sin, but always leaves me with more of the Gospel. I am sorry I didn't get to see you last night. You are in my prayers so often. Blessings, Beth Mack

Adrienne said...

Jill, I'm so happy you got to go! You need that! I'm so excited he dedicated that song to you! Sweet!

Take care!