I’ve decided to go on a three-day email sabbatical.
This is a major feat for me so don’t make it harder than necessary. Don’t email me for the next three days (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday)… please!! Or if you do… don’t expect a quick response!
If I can be off-line for three days, and if my inbox can stay rather empty… then I have hope of weaning myself off of the daily email mania.
Right now, checking my email is a complete involuntary response. I walk by the computer and sign on… even if I wasn’t planning on it. It is just too scary to think that I am that controlled by my hopes of getting email from you people!
It would be cool if I could get onto an every-other-day type of habit. We’ll see how it goes. I know that the withdrawal process will be difficult so I’ll need all the support I can get. Help me out… no email please!
(deep inside I know that I will be extremely hurt if I don’t have any emails waiting for me on Monday… so use your discretion) :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yeah...I tried that...when my computer was broke. Ilove checking my mail too much and I have atleast 30 a day so I can't not. HEre's another for ya! Happy Labor Day :)
Hey, I know how you feel. But it's what keeps us connected to the world... It's the best way to hear from friends that we're too busy to call or write real letters to. It's sometimes the "lifeline" that reminds us we're not alone in this crazy mom world. So enjoy what you get! :-)
Post a Comment