D left yesterday to spend a few days with the grandparents. We will switch kids on Thursday so that L can have his own vacation as well.
By last night L was mentioning that he missed D and he kept predicting that D would be home any minute. When someone knocked on the door, he ran to the door saying "He's home!"
Today was an interesting “only child” day. I loved it! Everything was much easier and I enjoyed my uninterrupted time with L.
But he was going nuts! He is really missing his brother! He even had a brief breakdown and cried before lunch today. He then wanted to draw a picture and mail it to D.
How sweet!!! He drew two sad boys... D and L, who missed each other.
Ahhh…. I just love to see this caring and loving side of my kids.
I am hoping that the time apart will help them to appreiciate each other more. We’ll see.
I always say that they are best friend and worse enemies. And they can’t live with each other and they obviously can’t live without.
I don't think that D is having such a difficult time. I have a feeling that he is living it up with the grandparents. He's had practice at being an only kid and he's probably remembering the good old days.
:0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Enjoy your week with 1 kiddo! Thanks again for coming Saturday. I wish we could have spent more time together!
What a great idea---separate vacations! Sounds like a good plan for all involved, though it's sweet to hear that L is miserable without D. :-)
Post a Comment