Monday, February 11, 2019

dear friend

I think I've been bragging on my friends for years!   It's a common thing for me to talk about my friends.  Especially how friends are the people who will most likely be around long after husbands and family are gone.
(Family is great.  I have a wonderful family.   My sisters are awesome... and they are my good friends by default. )
But other friends?....  are the people who actually choose to be around you.  That is a special gift.

Last month I attended a women's event and was inspired to host a get-together to honor my lifelong/special friends.   
Kind of a silly story.... but it turns out that I invented "Galentine's Day"....never mind the fact that it was already a thing that I didn't know about.  Go figure.

In preparation for my Galentine's event,  I decided to write a letter to each friend.    I would seclude myself each evening, and tell Greg I was writing my "love letters".    I worked on one letter each day, with one friend in mind, over the course of two weeks.  It was actually a special time as I considered how each friend has impacted my life. 

I read the letters out loud at the party..... and it turns out that I'm afraid of public speaking even with an audience of my close friends!   

I plan to share these letters, names excluded, for the next 12 days.   Valentine's week seems like a good week for me to share my mushiness.
I marvel at how different all of these women are and how they have each enriched my life in specific, tangible ways.    I could brag on them for.ev.er.  I am one blessed girl!



No comments: