Tuesday, February 19, 2019

dear friend,


I’ve known you as long as I can remember.    I assume we met in the church nursery.   Children’s choir, plays, music camps, sleepovers.   And youth group.    We had some awesome times in youth group!
I remember visiting you in college and always getting together when possible.  
Weddings and babies.   I loved coming to visit you with my boys in tow.   I know I often overstayed my welcome… but you and your boys were so fun to hang out with!    You were the best hostess and we always felt at home in your home.    I’m so glad that we continued our visits as our boys grew up.

We both became single parents.   Something we never, ever expected.  
We could commiserate and empathize with each other.     You were such an encouragement to me.  Your unwavering faith is such an inspiration.    I love how you have continually held on to Jesus through all of the dark and unsure moments.   

I love the plan that God has unfolded for you and the boys.    It was a blessing to witness your marriage and watch your little family grow.   You have been an awesome mom through it all.  It’s hard to believe that our boys are on their way to adulthood!   I can’t wait to see what God has in store for you!

I have enjoyed watching your career lay its path.  From working with little ones to working with the elderly.   You have such a tender heart for others.   Your work is clearly your ministry.  
Your creativity has been your forte for years.    I love having you as my crafty friend! 

Thank you for putting up with me for a lifetime.  I love that we can always pick up where we left off.  You have seen me at my best, but mostly at my worst!    You have journeyed alongside me through it all.  
Thank you for always encouraging and always being a friend that I can count on!   You are a blessing!


No comments: