Sunday, February 17, 2019
dear friend,
We became fast friends and the best neighbors, ever. Our kids were SO little when we met. I was so happy to move in to a neighborhood where my boys could meet friends and run rampant in the streets. Looking back, I’m certain our kids had the best childhood there in our cul-de-sac.
You were my roller skating guru. (We all recall the broken wrists. Yikes. )
The weekly outing to FunQuest was a highlight for me and the boys. Fun times.
When tragedy struck you were literally the first on the scene and you never wavered. You joined me, and sat with me in many of my darkest moments. I am so thankful for your listening ear and our long porch talks. We bonded over our husbands being away, for two distinctly different reasons. It was a territory that was new to both of us. You will always hold a special place in my heart for the great empathy you showed to me over the span of several years. Thank you for upholding me during all of those times.
I am so thankful for the time when we had our daily walks. So much walking! I looked forward to our times together and I loved how our conversation flowed so naturally. No topic left unturned. We talked big and dreamed bigger. I admired your daily encouragement to better ourselves physically and mentally.
Family dynamics and location have separated us lately, but I love that you are still a part of my tribe! I look forward to Sunday nights and our various outings and girls’ trips. You are, and will always be so special to me! You are a great blessing.
Labels:
friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment