Sunday, September 24, 2006

quick recap

D recovered from his illness last week in time to attend school on Thursday and go on the field trip to the orchard with his class. I happily attend his field trip as well. Two time in one week to the same orchard was fun.
All in all we obtained 2 pecks of apples and 4 little pumpkins. A pretty productive week!

My parents came to keep us company this weekend. We went to the civil war reenactment on Saturday. It was pretty interesting to see the folks dressed in their civil war garb and their campsites, etc. And it was good to see my sis and bro-in-law too!
The battle was much slower than I had anticipated. I was expecting fast paced and exciting… like on TV. Not so much. The kids got restless and we had to leave before the battle was over. I would have liked to stick around and see how long my bro-in-law survived but I had already lost him in the crowd of fighting soldiers.

Just when I thought that things would be getting back to normal today, we came home from church and L has a fever!!! Ugh. I hope that his won’t stick around as long as Ds did. But chances are it’s the same virus. We’ll see how it goes.

Off to nap-

No comments: