Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dr. Doom

T and I had decided that the boys needed new comforters.
Today, L and I went out shopping for a comforter that was to become his birthday gift from us.
We first stopped and looked at some posters at Walmart. L wanted one to hang in his room. His first two choices were black posters with goblins and really gross creatures on them. Very evil looking. I wouldn’t let him choose those… so he settled for a poster with Yoda from Star Wars.
We continued on our way for a comforter and first L wanted a navy blue one.
Cool.
Then he quickly changed his mind and was really excited about getting a black one.
Okay.
I was going to give him the choice of colors to add for the bedskirt and he insisted on black again.
No way.
I convinced him to get a green bedskirt so that we could bring out the colors from the new poster…. (which is black and green, you know.. Yoda.)
Then it occurred to me that his current curtains are a light blue.
Not so cool.
So we went and bought black curtains as well.
Kind of dreary.
But as of now it is looking really cool.
It is a pretty major transformation with a minor cost.
Go Yoda!
Nice :-)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

sounds so "old" picking out his own comforter...ahhhhh

hows kindergarten?

Anonymous said...

I loved your colorful post... What a tough dude he is, liking all that black stuff. :-)