Friday, September 29, 2006

getting on track

We are all back on track today. L is feeling fine and he went back to school.
I am feeling productive today! I ran tons of errands this morning… that I’ve been waiting for weeks to do! I’m feeling good.

I need to get invigorated about taking the kids for a hair trim this afternoon. I’ll take them to the barber that is close by… but I already know that I will be sadly disappointed in their work. The barber happens to be the boyfriend of my friend but that still doesn’t mean much. No one can cut boy-hair as well as our lovely Alison in L’burg. I am really tempted to make a special trip to see her for the next trim.
D has picture day next Friday so I need to get him looking sharp. No time for a trip to the burg this week. The man barber will have to do.

A completely random story:
I had a dream the other night about Paris Lenon, whom I went to school with. No idea why I dreamed about him but I decided to Google him and see what came up. To my surprise- he’s been playing NFL football for the last 5 years! He plays for the Detroit Lions. Go figure. Little do I know about my classmates.

Back to my blog thing:
Believe it or not… I’m starting to plan for our Pumpkin Party. I need to pick a day and make a guest list. Then I’ll be on a roll.
T heads to a men’s retreat tonight and the kids and I will probably go to a movie night at the school.

It’s feeling more and more like fall. L noticed the many leaves that were starting to change colors today.
And let me tell you how much FUN I had at the stores today checking out the fall and Halloween decorations! Hallmark has wonderful ceramic pumpkins that are designed to look like little cottages. All that autumn stuff gave me warm fuzzies today. Amazing how much the color orange can brighten my day!

No comments: