Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Blustery Day

L and I went on a field trip to the orchard today. It was a beautiful, blustery day. A great day to pick apples. We each got a pumpkin, a bag of apples and a ride on the hay wagon. A trip to this particular orchard would not be complete without buying a dozen apple cider donuts. Yum yum.
We came home and I was able to go to the grocery store before we took T to the airport. I was stocking up on food for my parent’s visit. They will be keeping us company while T is away. Don’t worry Dad, I got Diet Dr. Pepper for you! And Coke for Mom!

Another sick day at home for D. (T was able to stay home with him since his flight didn’t leave until 3pm). This sickness has been hanging on for 5 days. Yuk. I talked with his teacher today and she confirmed that other children have missed 3, 4 or 5 days as well. I’m glad to know that it’s the normal time frame for it and that D will hopefully be on the mend soon. I’m contemplating about just keeping him out of school for the rest of the week. The field trip would be fun on Friday but the orchard is a chilly, windy place. Not really a place for someone who’s been under the weather.
We’ll see how he is tonight and tomorrow…

I’m also thinking about cleaning the bathroom today and getting this place in order for some company! I’m hosting my parents for several days, and my small group on Friday night. Lots to do…I just need to get started.

As an update:
It’s currently about 9:50pm and I haven’t cleaned an inch.
Hopefully tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

glad I'm not the only one, having a birthday party for M tomorrow and I haven't touched a thing, nor gotten the food...ugh.... guess I'll be skipping the gym today and going to Sam's