It has been confirmed that kids grow up so quickly. I’ve always heard that but now I’m starting to realize it. It seems like they hit a certain point and then just take off!
I was reminded of this today as I watched D ride his bike without training wheels.
Just like that.
T took off the training wheels a few days ago. And today, D was able to take his bike to “bike day” at school and ride around like a pro.
How’d that happen so easily? It seemed like I just blinked and now he rides a bike. I know it’s a small step for boyhood but it’s a big step for me to see my baby do “big kid” things. It seems that the ‘learning to ride a bike’ milestone just slipped by, with no effort on my part. (T practiced with him for a little but D caught on really quick).
I’m just really proud at how quickly D can pick up on new skills.
(Did I ever mention that he read a book about how to tie shoes, once, and then has tied his own shoes ever since??)
I know I probably won’t be as fortunate with the younger kid (because God made each kid special) but I’m certainly counting my blessings and I’m just so super proud of my big guy.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow---what a milestone! Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it... Thanks for sharing!
why now I see a sb page in the making :)....really I can't believe he's that big! Crazy!
Post a Comment