I'm sitting in the basement, listening as my boys watch yet another episode of Man Vs. Wild. We haven't seen it in a while because the boys thought we had watched all of the episodes. (They were wrong. I think we have a zillion left.)
Somehow this silly show makes me feel like things are balanced in this house. It's nice to have a man around. Especially one with a fancy accent. hah.
Tomorrow is my last day at work before a lengthy Christmas break. I am excited about some off time. These past few weeks have been packed! There's nothing really to show for the packed-ness.... but I know that we've been running ourselves ragged with something each day.
Somehow I've managed to fill up my free days as well... with totally fun things like chaperoning field trips, a day trip to visit friends, and attending school parties. I think I can manage :)
The boys and I continue on our path of partial normalcy. Not much drama or chaos. Some evenings I sit and think about how far we have come. Sure, we've had some disagreements... but nothing compared to the emotional chaos that haunted us for a long time.
I know that things can change drastically when they become teenagers... so I'm counting my blessings this month and praying that things will continue to look up.
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment