Tuesday, December 04, 2012

ready for christmas?

Turns out that I must only blog when I'm stressed out, sad, or really thoughtful about something.  And evidently.... I am none of the above.

Things have been going rather well lately.  I have no idea what happened to much of the fall.  And I have no idea how December showed up so early.... and how the temperature is so unseasonably warm.

In passing, several people have asked, "are you ready for Christmas?"
My response has been "sure?"  
I've bought two gifts and somehow I think I'm pretty ready.
Lucas set up, and decorated, our Christmas tree several days before Thanksgiving.   Fortunately the tree is in the basement and I've actually only seen it a few times since it appeared.   The decorations are meager at my house this year.  I think, somehow, I have fewer and fewer as the years pass. 
(I suppose I'm gearing up for the days when I have a zillion cats and a little table top tree.)
I did manage to put Christmas lights in my windows only to realize that the bulbs were dead.

Last night I ordered an inflatable Hippo for my front yard!  I've always wanted a Hippopotamus for Christmas!    And I'm sure that the neighbors will be inspired by my completely random Christmas cheer.

It seems that the rest of civilization has an elf on their shelf.  I'm super concerned about this new fad.  And slightly annoyed. 
If so many elves are hanging out in people's homes.... who the heck is making the toys at the North Pole? 

No comments: