Thursday, July 09, 2009

beach trip #1

We just returned from a much needed vacation to Ocean Isle Beach, NC .... and to visit with Thayer's family in SC. We enjoyed a week and a half of friends, family and fun. yay!!
It's been a bit of an adjustment with re-entry. I miss having the late night Scrabble games, the laughter, the constant company, and Coleman's punch. :)
It was SO nice to kick back with friends at the beach and relax!! Our group consisted of 5 adults and 7 kids. I wasn't quite sure what to expect because I was the only common factor amongst the group. I was THRILLED that my individual friends actually liked each other and we had a terrific time!!
There were only minor break-downs among the children... but largely overall... they played together beautifully.
I couldn't have asked for a better week!
(D and L)

I keep telling myself that we deserve a good summer this year. Don't get me wrong.... most of last summer was amazing... we shared precious moments with Thayer last June and July. But Thayer's death obviously tarnished our memories of Summer '08. I am aiming to make Summer '09 full of GOOD memories! Atleast to really enjoy the moments that we have...

(me and S.... and Thad's muscles...)
I loved hanging out with my girls!
(J and me)
(she really deserves a good summer too!)
And I think the guys had fun too!!
It was a great group of folks!
("Roy" C and me)
GOOD TIMES!!!! I'm counting down till next year!
photos by S... thanks for being our photographer!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Who is that "S" chick? She tells me she had a blast with you at the beach. I'm glad she has a friend like you!

Adrienne said...

I'm so glad you got to have fun and relax! It LOOKED like fun!!!

BTW-ANY time you want to chill at the beach, let me know and I'll be right there with ya! :) I'm a Beach girl and LOVE going! I get mesmerized by the waves. It really is relaxing.

Jennifer said...

I love seeing your smile!!

You are to come hang out here anytime... or inbetween visits to Grandma's house!

thornpricker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thornpricker said...

Thanks for making it happen. You deserve a good summer! Hope it conitunes. Nice pictures. Especially the one of you and Coleman!