L planned a wonderful water-play party for today. He invited all of his preschool buddies. We sent out invites during the last week of preschool and everyone was anxiously awaiting their play date.
After MUCH rain yesterday, I was praying that things would brighten up for the party. It was rather cloudy here all morning but I kept with the plan of starting the party at 11am.
God was very gracious to send full sun into our backyard around 10:30. Things warmed up quickly and the party went off without any problems.
We had a whopping number of wet little bodies running around our backyard. 13 kids and 8 adults.
(no... the adults were not wet... or running) ;) A few of the moms couldn't handle the heat and resorted to holding umbrellas!! haha!
I enjoyed working on my tan.
It was great to see the kids enjoying the day. They used the trampoline, the swingset, the pool, the water slide and the sprinkler.
I'm figuring that it will take several days before our yard dries out. If the kids would have stayed any longer this afternoon, I was going to start selling tickets for mud wrestling. Those kids were slipping and sliding all over the place. It was great.
They took periodic brakes to fuel up on snack food and drinks.
Everyone was here until about 2pm. L took himself inside around 1:30 and put on a video, which I thought odd....but he was exhausted!
On last look- L was sleeping in the basement floor... between the dehumidifier and the wall. what a funny little guy:-)
D had a big water day today as well. I'm anxious to hear how it went. A firetruck was coming to school today for "squirt day"! And he was riding the bus home with a friend this afternoon to go swimming.
L and I will be picking him up later this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment