"It's nice to know that we can take our time. God will make all the other stuff work out.
In time."
In time."
I've written so much about timing over the past eight years. Lots about God's timing, hope, and waiting.
I've also written a lot about my weightloss journey. And I just recently realized that is also so much about timing and waiting. I hit my heaviest weight in october of 2014. And it's taken me TWO years to finally figure this thing out. There has been so much tweaking- and growth- with my exercise, so much fussiness over food, so much discussion with friends and family. And then I realized that I had to be accountable to myself, and myself alone. So, after two years of trial and error I feel that I've finally got a grip on this weight thing. I have found the right exercise routine that works for me. It's a routine that I have grown to look forward to every day. (and that's something I never thought I would say!) I want to shout it from the rooftops that this weightloss thing IS possible. If I can do it... anyone can. It is 100% mind over matter. And it takes time.
In the realm of family, I have noticed that time is of the essence with teenagers. It has taken time...years...to build a rapport with these boys. And honestly I still don't have a clue what goes on in their brains. Every day is a guessing game as to if I'm doing this mom gig correctly. But over time, I have watched my boys grow and I'm fairly hopeful that they won't need excessive counseling as adults. Time will tell.
And the "Mr. Right thing" has always been part of the waiting. I was hopeful that, in time, God would provide a man for our family. In 2009 I wasn't ready... in 2013 I wrote that I wasn't ready.
It's been years of waiting for the right time. The time as a single mom and woman has challenged me....but I think I needed those years to learn about myself, my kids, and to work on healing.
I'm hopeful that this is my time. My Mr. Right has appeared... I just pray he'll stick around. Time will tell.
I'm hopeful that this is my time. My Mr. Right has appeared... I just pray he'll stick around. Time will tell.
It's been several years of family growth, personal growth, waiting.
It's nice to kick back and see some things come to fruition.
God will make things work out in time.


No comments:
Post a Comment