Wednesday, December 25, 2013

a note to my single mom friends

Christmas morning.  12:50am

My precious friends,
I get it.  And I want you to know that you are not alone today.
I'm sure that I'm not the only one that stayed up way too late, waiting for the kids to fall asleep... and therefore became a tired weepy mess.
I'm sure that I'm not the only one that couldn't stand another minute of "It's a Wonderful Life"... and decided to watch
 "P.S. I Love You" instead.  (Well... possibly I am.)
But I'm totally sure that I'm not the only one who cried while stuffing stockings.

I thought of you tonight.  Each of you.    
Some of you are spending your first Christmas without your husbands.... and my heart breaks into a million pieces for you.
Some of you can count the years without. (this is my sixth).  
And some of you have never had a husband to share the moments.
It sucks.
I'm not sure if it ever gets easier.   Each Christmas is different.   
I haven't always shed tears... but I've felt alone.

I know that our house will fill with family and laughter in the morning.   And everything will seem much better to me after a good night's sleep.   
I know that some of you may be alone for the day.   Please know that I will be thinking of you, and praying for you.

 P.S. I Love You,  had a great reminder for folks like us:

Alone or not, you gotta walk ahead.
Thing to remember is:
If we're all alone...
then we're all together in that too.

Thank you, ladies, for being together with me.
It's quite a journey.

Blessings to you and the kids today!
Merry Christmas!






No comments: