I've always thought that December was our 'slower' month. And actually, it still is!
I have lots of empty squares on the calendar and there is no urgent need that is overwhelming me.
(Other than some drama related with getting family pictures printed and ready to mail to out of town in-laws.) But I checked that off the list today!
Despite the fact that I keep telling people that I'm not traveling to visit in-laws this Christmas.... I have started planning a 'visiting tour' that the boys and I plan to take during our school break.
All of those out of town friends that I miss and neglect? Well.... we're going to see them! I'm hoping to visit with six families over a period of 4-6 days. No pressure, right?
This will be an exciting adventure :)
I'm also slated to host our family Christmas lunch. By 'host' I mean 'have at my house'. That isn't any pressure except knowing that I'll need the bathroom cleaned in time for Christmas. We'll all bring food and the kids will be thrilled to exchange their Pollyanna gifts with their cousins.
I find it interesting that this season I have been surrounded by friends who are really down.... and others who are really up. I'm finding it hard to relate.
I feel like I'm just coasting in the middle these days. I'm far from depressed... but I'm also far from elated. Christmas just isn't the same without Thayer. And each year tends to become more humdrum. We go through the motions and have a good time.... but the season isn't fantabulous.
Perhaps that comes along with having older children.
It's still good. But different.
The highlight of the season is my Christmas break! We only have five more days of school and work. Then I can enjoy several days of sleeping in! My favorite!
The countdown begins!
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope you guys have a great Christmas traveling visit. And just in case I didn't say it enough this year: I think you are a totally amazing woman Jill, in a multitude of aspects. Super Merriest of Christmases to you and those precious boys of yours.
Post a Comment