wow. I freaked out just a little when I read this in a recent email about a fundraiser that I will be a part of in November:
"We are honored to have Ms. Jan Karon as the Keynote Speaker, so you will not want to miss this special event. Also, Candy Sadler will share how you can partner with Mission Link to help rescue these beautiful women. Finally, Jill Botham will share her story that will capture your heart."
um. no pressure, right?
Months ago, I thought, "sure, I can do that. I'll write up a little something to share". But months have flown by and the reality of a public speaking event is unnerving.
I suppose it's crunch time to come up with something that will capture the heart ;)
It would probably be worth the price of the ticket just to see me fumble through my small part.
Please consider joining me!
"The Next Chapter"
MLI'S Fund Raiser Tea
to benefit Uganda Widow Ministry
Omni Hotel, Charlottesville, VA
Saturday, Nov 12th, noon-4pm
Guest Speaker: Jan Karon (author of the Mitford series)
Holiday Boutique Shopping: Noon -1 o'clock
English Afternoon Full Tea: 1 -3oclock
Book signing and shopping: 3 -4 o'clock
Table Sponsors: $300 (10 seats)
Individual Seats: $35
Call Office 434-984-1995 to purchase your table or seat
http://www.missionlink.org/
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The really important thing is to remember to speak slowly and clearly. Typically when we get nervous we speed-talk and then no one can hear us. Your story speaks for itself and will flow right out once you get going. Your message of hope through tragedy will be evident to all. Remember that there is one person out there in the audience who really, really needs to hear what you have to say. XO
I think you will do fine. You have such a touching story & you are such a strong woman. Me however gets the cold sweats just THINKING about getting in front of my son's kindergarten class!!
Post a Comment