My sister is due to have a baby.... days ago. We had all placed our bets on when the baby would be born, and if it would be a girl or boy. She and my brother-in-law have been patient enough to be surprised by the sex on the birth day.
Kudos to them.
I am looking forward to finding out if it's a boy, a girl, a puppy or a Klingon. Most of the family is rooting for a girl.... so of course I'm expecting a boy.
I have boys, I teach boys, I enjoy letting boys be boys.
And today, I was shocked that I had forgotten what it's like to be a girl. Girls have become foreign to me. I'm amazed that I used to be one. (hehe)
My niece left her doll at my house last night. It's one of those cutsie 'american girl' type of dolls.
I walked into the basement and that thing scared the crap out of me.
I am totally not used to seeing little lifeless people laying around my house. I brought the doll upstairs,and sat her on my couch so that I'd remember to return it to my niece.
This afternoon I walked into the living room and screamed. That doll was no longer on the couch. She was standing up against the wall.
One of the neighbor boys admitted that he had placed her there... and I was relieved.
I was almost certain that we were going to become victims of some creepy horror movie.
The drama continued as I was closing up house for the night and noticed someone sitting on our couch. Holy cow... I am NOT used to having dolls around!
I am used to boys.
We had extra kids floating around all day. All boys.
They made a movie about zombies (or something).
(I just know that I was the make-up artist who had to blacken Lucas' eyes during a wardrobe change.)
They also spent a good amount of time trying to start a fire, boyscout style, by rubbing sticks together.
We are keeping my friend's son overnight tonight. He lives and breaths boy stuff. He wanted to hold guns and play with little skateboards. When I asked my kids to stop talking about television shows, the little guy said, "let's talk about shooting games". :-)
I did my best to distract him from the gun talk.... but then my kids entertained him briefly with inappropriate talk of poop and boogers.
My 8 and 10 year old boys will be spending time in their rooms tomorrow for being lousy examples to a 3 year old. : /
I may have outgrown the dolls and girl stuff....
but I'm wondering if guys ever outgrow the bathroom humor?!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hilarious!! Thanks friend for being so real and so awesome! And of course thanks for keeping little dude for us.
Oh, my... Jill, I think I just peed my pants laughing! I'm feeling ya though. I can't remember the last time I was a girl. Honestly, I don't think I ever WAS a girl. I played with Turtles & lizards, Dogs & cats growing up. Played in the leaves & slid into home plate just to get dirty in Softball.
As for the Bathroom Humor... No, they don't. Lucas is hitting the poop stage at 5 right now but my almost 13 yr old finds it hilarious when SOMEONE passes gas.
Kristin was here with her American girl last month & I just kept staring at it like it was going to come alive. Whatever you do, do NOT go into the AG store!! Totally creepy!
Post a Comment