Monday, September 26, 2011

little at a time

I've been watching too many episodes of Hoarders.   I'm pretty much a Hoarders hoarder.    I'm not sure what draws me to the show, or why I want to watch train wreck after train wreck.   
I'll take a glimpse of some of the consistent symptoms of the people that are documented.... and then I look around my own bedroom. 
I see my own piles that continue to grow.  The piles of folded clothes on top of the dresser and the blankets and shoes stuffed into the closet.    I almost feel the dread seep in and then I remember (remind myself) that I am totally not a hoarder.   I'm just a single parent.
I actually enjoy getting rid of stuff.   One of my friends pegged me right when they said that I would probably be happy with a concrete slab and a bed.  
That's true.  
I am a firm believer of "less is best".

I was able to purge quite a bit from my basement, last week, in preparation for a yard sale that my sister was hosting.   I feel much lighter and hopeful for a full organized basement in the future.   

My spurts of motivation come and go.     After expending the energy on the yard sale, I realized that nothing else had been done around the house.      The air conditioning hasn't been running as much because of the cooler temperatures, and things are starting to smell mildewy and mucky.
Cleaning the bathrooms should help.  :)   That's on the agenda for tomorrow.

I have huge motivation, of decorating for Halloween, once I can get the house in order.   I have a black Christmas tree that I'll be putting up this year, with Halloween ornaments.  I am psyched!

I know that I probably have a ton of other more important things that I should blog about tonight.  But I had my show on my mind.
 Off to watch my nightly episode.   And hoping to get motivated to tackle the bathrooms tomorrow...

No comments: