Sunday, January 30, 2011

thankful

My fabulous friend, Sabrina, hosted a party for me tonight.
A send-off party to wish me well and bless me before I head to Uganda.
It was fabulous.
My family and a few close friends came over and provided a superb meal and fun fellowship, and a little bit of Pictionary mania.
I was showered with goodies to take on my trip and several Bible verses to remind me of God's promises.
I had a lovely evening. It was a wonderful reminder of how fortunate and blessed I am to have such amazing friends and family. I truly am.
These are the folks who have stuck with me through it all. They have seen me in my best moments. And in my worst moments. And somehow they keep coming around.
I am thankful :-)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry the big kids and I couldn't make it. It was a day of craziness.
Have a great trip! We'll anxiously await hearing all your stories!

Lyn said...

jill-you are a blessing. i am thankful for you.