The past few weeks I have slumped back in to my late night habits.
Certainly not as bad as the first year after Thayer died. I'm still not sure how I lived that year. I can remember that I used to go to bed every night between 2-3am. With my alarm waking me at 6am. I was a zombie.
More lately, I have been going to bed around 1am. Sleep comes easy these days... as long as it's preceeded by a scalding hot bath.
Tonight as I sit and listen to the silence of my boys reading, and the rattle of the washing machine... it occured to me that I could actually watch TV tonight.
I have been arrogantly proud of the fact that I don't watch tv. I know, I know... I've got Netflix...and internet... and that counts for alot of wasted time. I love my netflix movies and my dates with NBC.com.
I have been anxiously following the "Parenthood" series on NBC.com.Last week, for the first time in forever, I went downstairs to watch Parenthood in real time. I was bummed when I remembered that commercials were part of the gig.
But I'll deal.
So tonight, I'm waiting up to watch it again.
I can't rave enough about this show. It is well written, the character development has been right-on, and the plot is so true to life. It's just a great 'feel good' show about families.
No idea why I'm blogging about tv.
This week I am getting items ready to pack for Uganda. I've got to deliver my personal stow bag on Saturday. All else will go in my carry-on. It feels like departure is just around the corner!
My Dramamine is ready to go. (and no... I DON'T buy the 'less drowsy' formula). I suppose I should think about loading that iPod. It's gonna be a long trip...

1 comment:
I'm excited to hear how your trip goes! When do you leave?
Even though we haven't seen each other in five years plus now, I enjoy reading what's going on in your world and trying to keep up with you. :-) Sounds like you're doing a great job...and it's awesome that God wants to use you across the ocean!
Post a Comment