I'm getting stoked about my trip. I have procrastinated long enough with the clothes and supply shopping. I'll be jumping into that over the next two weeks.
We had a meeting on thursday night. The subject of journaling came up again. The leader mentioned that it's important to journal about how God has been providing for the trip....by providing the funds and supplies.
I was reminded that most of the team members have been doing serious fundraising over the last few months. And it would probably be neat to hear about how God has provided the funds.
The sobering thought hit me that God provided for my trip through Thayer's death.
I've known this all along, but when it comes down to it... and when we are supposed to thank God for his provisions... how can I be thankful that God has provided for my trip through the death of my husband?
That's alot to chew on.
I am taking this trip as a result, and because, of Thayer's death.
That can put quite a damper on pre-trip excitement and thankful thoughts.
I have decided not to dwell too much on the unusual manner of God's provisions. I think I would go crazy. For now, I will accept that 'it is what it is' and be thankful for the opportunity.
I'm praying that something good will come from this...

1 comment:
Hi Jill! It's Beth :) As I read your last paragraph something dawned on me.....Thayer was going to be gone and what a huge hole he left....but what a great gift he left behind, you being able to do a missionary trip in his honor. He would be so proud of you!!! Love ya!!
Post a Comment