Saturday, September 25, 2010

WE Wii

My kids rarely watch tv at home. I usually keep the cable cord under lock and key and encourage them to get off of their butts.
And gaming usually isn't a problem. They go through spurts of playing a game or two... and they enjoy the DS when traveling. But they are generally okay with doing other things.
Until-
Lucas spent his birthday money on the new Mario Bros.
Earlier this week, he didn't come up for breakfast when called... so I banned the use of the Wii on weekdays.

I have decided that they can play the Wii solely on the weekends.... and I came up with the fabulous name of "WE Wii" nights.
"We Wii" stands for "WeekEnd Wii"... but just imagine Lucas smiling and pointing to his private parts each time we talk about it :-)

anywho. great idea,right?
I had decided that I would participate in these We Wii nights to make it more family friendly.
We started tonight off really well. We were playing, joking around, laughing, having a great time.
Until-

Lucas accuses Daniel and myself of killing him.



(to be clear....his character died... not really him... because let's remember... this is JUST A GAME).

but alas...screaming ensues and someone got hit with a rubber snake.

The result:
No We Wii tomorrow.
Lucas has to wait another week to play his new game.

my conclusion:
my kids just don't get it.

1 comment:

Skamamama said...

my kids don't get it either ;)
we only do screen time on the weekends as well and they have to "earn" it throughout the week w/ good behavior at school & home. it's helping.