Friday, September 03, 2010

I'm a dork

I know. It may come as a huge surprise to most of you ;). But I am indeed a dork.

Here's a perfect example:
I've been walking alot lately. Which I LOVE!!! I've been snaking through this neighborhood each day.
Today while I was walking, a friend called my cell phone. I explained to her that that when I was done walking I have to drive my route, in my car, to calculate how many miles I walked. I told her that the neighborhood people are probably wondering about why I keep driving around. ;p

She cooly replied, "don't you have one of those pedometer things?"

hmmm... what a great idea.
She's a genius.
And therefore confirming my dorkhood. :)

Can anyone recommend a reliable and accurate pedometer?

6 comments:

Lisa Tibbs said...

Hey, I do the same thing drive around to see how far you walk. The pedometer counts steps, not miles, right?

Daniel Howell said...

Oh but you are so *not* a dork! BTW, Carla and I did the exact same thing tonight: We ran some distance down the road and then turned around back home. Immediately after, we drove it to see the miles! BTW2, I wore a pedometer that measures miles and it was spot on! (I don't know the brand because I borrowed it from my mom, but I can find out). BTW3, Carla and I both ran *barefoot*. If you really want to make your neighbors curious, walk it barefoot!

Sherry said...

The geeky way to do it is to go on the computer and I think you can calculate milage somehow on google. That is what Casey used to do.

Lyn said...

Girl--you are too stylish and too kind to qualify as a dork! I have done the same thing driving around clocking miles. I have also used Google maps, as well as mapmyrun.com and mapmywalk.com. Some of the exercise addicts I know use expensive technogadgets like a Garmin. To me that is the ultimate in nerdiness. :)

Elastigirl said...

Here's the link for the Google map one.

http://walking.about.com/library/walk/blgooglemap1.htm

Jill said...

thanks for all of the rockin' suggestions! you people sure know your computer sites! ;)